Pages

The man who photographed the five-year kid, all others was crying that night, he didn't cry, he didn't say a word!


A photograph of Daqneesh Omran, derived from the rubble after an air strike on the rebel-held neighborhood in Qaterji, Aleppo, is seen by millions of people worldwide.

But who was the man who made this picture and what he says?

I live only 300 meters from the attack. Just after 7 o'clock in the evening, after evening prayers, we heard explosions. We rushed up there with three other media activists.

The first thing I saw were bodies on the ground who were transferred in ambulances. They were neighbors of the family of Omran. The building was totally destroyed - all six floors were turned into ruins.

Then I looked up to see a half-destroyed building - the home of Omran.

Rescue workers wearing helmets, they climb the stairs of a building nearby after the Omran stairs of the building were destroyed. I joined to help.

The first survivor was captured Omran - I took the camera and started filming. I later learned that it was only four years old.
It was too dark to see well, but I continued filming.
Rescue personnel took the boy and sent him to the ambulance and sat him in the chair. I kept filming.
It was the time when I realized how the boy was traumatized by the shooting and determined that, to take a picture.
Tears began to flow until I was shot. This is not the first time that I cried. I cried many times while filming traumatized children. I always cry. We always cry of war photographers.
All wept that night. Omran touched me because it was very quiet. He did not cry. He did not say a word. He was shocked.
I thought my daughter had only seven days since he was born. I thought if it had been. It could have been any children in Aleppo or Syria.
The team of rescuers continued the rescue of other family members. Omar's older sister, who is 11-years old, asked me to do the filming. And I turned off the camera and I said: "Of course dear, do not film."
Thanks God the whole family are safe Omran. His mother had some serious injuries to her feet.
His father suffered a minor head injury. His sister seven-year-old underwent a surgical operation and it is doing well.
Today when I woke up, I saw that picture was spread worldwide. I hope that all the photos of children and attacks on Syria distributed in such a way so that the world may know what life held here.
If men knew what was happening, perhaps the war would stop. Perhaps Omran and my daughter, Amal, can live normally, like all children in the world./ShikoNews

No comments:

Post a Comment